Saturday, September 20, 2014

Montblanc Celebrates 90 Years Of Finest Craftsmanship......

To commemorate the 90th anniversary of the Meisterstuck, Montblanc held a cocktail and exhibition to showcase their craftsmanship at Ngee Ann City. The iconic Meisterstuck line was first started in 1924 with fountain pens. They have since expanded to include luxury leather goods and timepieces.

I was fortunate to be invited to the event to gain an insight into their collection of vintage pens as well as the opportunity to have my hand writing analysed by a master craftsman. He even recommended the best nib that was most suitable for my writing style. Though I had no prior knowledge of nib selection, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Montblanc pen that I had previously purchased was a perfect match! Let's journey back in time with my photo essay....





Nibs samples at various stages of production were displayed.




Andreas Boesch (Managing Director, Montblanc South East Asia)


Taiwanese actor Mark Chao graced the event.




Master Craftsman Axel Nier  was on hand to help interested guests analyse their writing style and the selection of nibs.





Master watchmaker Julien Miribel shared the finesse of the Villeret movement.


Museum pieces: Montblanc Meisterstuck 142 and 144 Bordeaux (top L-R)


The 90th anniversary collection!


Leather goods section.

Vintage timepieces on display.

The amazing Montblanc TimeWriter 1, Metamorphosis.




Well done Montblanc! I learned something new about the brand. 











No comments: